[CM] re: samples->seconds

Bret Battey bbattey@dmu.ac.uk
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 17:00:18 +0100

Actually, this brings up an ongooing question for me (though perhaps
the question is resolved/clarified in CLM 3)

I've taken to setting both *clm-srate* and *srate* before starting any
work -- and below we have reference to mus-srate. It has never been
clear to me which one, if any, was "official." Often setting only one
of them I would get unpredictable results, depending on what instrument
I was using, etc. Rather than tracking down the problem, I just started
using the shotgun approach.

Particularly when one is designing one's own instruments: which one
"should" one reference to make sample-rate based calculations?

Also, seems like these days default should now be 44.1k?

Bret Battey
http://www.BatHatMedia.com/
Senior Lecturer: Music, Technology and Innovation
De Montfort University, Leicester, UK
http://www.mti.dmu.ac.uk/