[CM] cygwin+snd blues...2

Rodrigo Segnini rsegnini@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:33:41 -0700

Update:

After compiling --with-esd (which plays and records audio files normally
from the cygwinshell), snd's responses to my play or record requests
are:

[10:08:12] Sonorus device 0 (mus-audio-default) not available
  [audio.c[8572] mus_audio_open_output]
[10:08:12] can't play : Sonorus device 0 (mus-audio-default) not
available
  [audio.c[8572] mus_audio_open_output]

and

 [10:14:00] no audio input devices available

This is the same response when using sndplay from the shell.

I can see (in ps) that snd calls an esd process, which stays there even
after snd exits (although snd's window doesn't close after the process
is gone, unless I kill the esd process by hand).

Getting close?

Rodrigo

-----Original Message-----
From: cmdist-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
[mailto:cmdist-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU] On Behalf Of Rodrigo Segnini
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 11:58 AM
To: cmdist@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Subject: [CM] cygwin+snd blues

Hi list
I was able to compile--with no special configuration flags--snd on
cygwin_nt-5.1 1.5.11(0.116/4/2) i 686 and it works nicely, except when
trying to play a sound file:

can't play : reason not known

or trying to record something:

no audio input devices available

Another issue is that you can write in the listener, but the 'Enter' key

is the only key in the keyboard that does not produce its intended
effect:
a line-feed and/or evaluation.

Any hints or alternatives to run snd on winxp?

Thanks,

Rodrigo