[CM] compositions made with tools from this list

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:43:11 -0600

> Unless this information already exists, I would like to compile it for
> the
> benefit of all. Depending on the amount and type of responses, we can
> have
> a somewhat fancy repository, with sound and code links, descriptions,
> or I
> would just collate back to the list your responses.

I had exactly the same idea several years ago and in fact as part of my
tenure documentation I did compile a sizable list of pieces.
Unfortunately, once I got tenure I didn't continue to pursue the
project :/ and so I'm afraid that I'm to blame for the current lack of
a repository .  Its still a great idea though and I would contribute
recordings of pieces and source code if you establish one. It would
also be a good place to make instrument samples available and so on.
Im sure I can dig up the list of pieces but since its several years old
its probably  a better idea for you to make an explicit call for pieces
again. If you do Ill certainly send in all the stuff I have.
-rick