[CM] Building snd from source

Meino Christian Cramer Meino.Cramer@gmx.de
Fri, 21 May 2004 13:25:35 +0200 (CEST)

From: Bill Schottstaedt <bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Re: [CM] Building snd from source
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 04:02:10 -0700

Hi Bill,

 me again....the snd-newbie.... :)

 Great to read, that there is a way to synthesize sounds! I like it!

 But....

 On my linux-box doing a "locate v.scm" gave me:

    /usr/snd/snd-7/v.scm
    /usr/snd/snd-7/env.scm
    /usr/snd/snd-7/fmv.scm
    /usr/snd/snd-7/jcrev.scm
    /usr/snd/snd-7/peak-env.scm

 .

 In the beginning of my $HOME/.snd there are two commands given:

    (set! %load-path (cons "/usr/snd/snd-7" %load-path))
    (set! snd-remember-paths #t)

 Then I start snd and in the listener's command line I gave

 (load "v.scm")

 And the result is:

 open-file: system-error: "No such file or directory": "v.scm" (2)
 In unknown file:
    ?: 0* [primitive-load "v.scm"]
>system-error

 ls -l /usr/snd/snd-7/v.scm
 gives me:

 -rw-r--r--  1 root root 5716 May 17 21:27 /usr/snd/snd-7/v.scm

 and ls -ld /usr/snd/snd-7
 gives me:

 drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 2672 May 21 08:24 /usr/snd/snd-7

 but v.scm could not be found by snd.

 What am I doing so damned wrong here ;)

 It seems I haven't understood seom basic things, have I?  ;)

 Keep snd'ing!
 Meino