[CM] [spam] German article on Snd and other Linux editors in print

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 14:35:33 -0400

Bill Schottstaedt wrote:

> > Were Snd's progenitors written in SAIL ?
>
> Yes: "DpySnd".
>
> > archaeopteryx... hmm, perhaps it's already in birds.clm ?
>
> I bet a blue-jay or something similar -- as I understand
> it, that's the sound used by Godzilla, and he was from that
> era.

Well, that about makes my day. Now why would they have considered using
a bird call ? Godzilla was filmed 'way before Bakker and Assoc.
theorized re: the similarities between birds and dinosaurs. And G-zilla
is certainly far from being a "correct" dino, by current standards anyway.

Keeping somewhat on Snd-related topics: Have you ever heard the sound of
a hadrosaur ? Apparently some clever fellows cast a hadrosaur's skull,
complete with sound chambers (? if that's what they were), and have made
some recordings of what may have been a hadrosaur's call. Kind of a
big-voice hooting...

Best,

dp