[CM] [spam] German article on Snd and other Linux editors in print

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 08:47:13 -0400

Bill Schottstaedt wrote:

> >  Snd is a mighty dinosaur, where the young mammals still can't even
> >  reach up to the hollow of its knee.
>
> I'm all smiles -- thanks!  And I'm a big fan of dinosaurs --
> I even devour the kids' books, mainly for the pictures of course.

More dinosaur fans... Oyvind Hammer (author of some cool sound & music
software from NoTAM) is a paleontologist by profession... I was just
re-reading Robert Bakker's "Dinosaur Heresies" the other day... makes me
wonder how sounded the song of the archaeopteryx... hmm, perhaps it's
already in birds.clm ?

> And SAIL is still the greatest computer language ever.

Were Snd's progenitors written in SAIL ?

Btw, here's another article like Frank's :

Snd is featured, along with other Linux soundfile editors I've known and
enjoyed.

Best,

dp