[CM] Clueless newbie questions

12 Mar 2004 14:54:53 -0800

> Hi.  I'm trying to get going on cm/clm.  I have the latest via apt from the
> repository.  I would like to run them using cmucl via xemacs on FC1.  I am
> following the info on the Installing CM page on the CCRMA site.

You have the latest what? From which repository? If you are talking
about the Planet CCRMA repository then cm/clm/cmn is ready to run, you
don't need to compile anything.

The packages you need are (assuming you have already installed Planet
CCRMA on your Fedora Core machine):

  apt-get install cm-cmucl clm-cmucl cm-clm-cmucl

That should give you a "ready to go" script in "/usr/bin/cm-cmucl". It
will load both clm and cm from precompiled binaries when run.

You can, of course, run that as a subprocess inside xemacs.
-- Fernando