[CM] gui question

cristopher pierson ewing cewing@u.washington.edu
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:14:48 -0700 (PDT)

I'm working in motif snd on an osX box.  I've written a small function
that takes a list of timings expressed in hh:mm:ss.mil format and uses it
to add marks to a soundfile.  I am working with soundfiles of 30-60
minutes and they can have anywhere from 25-75 marks in them.  My
proceedure simply uses the existing (add-mark) proceedure.  Every time my
proceedure calls (add-mark) the marks list (I added this using
snd-motif.scm) redraws itself entirely.  The problem is that the draw
function lags behind the add-mark function to such a degree that there is
a three or four second lapse (sometimes longer) after all the marks are
added where the snd window is frozen.  the break isn't long enough to go
get a snack, but is too long to feel efficient.

I'm wondering if there is a way I can disable the redrawing of the marks
list until my function is finished running, so that I can have it only
updated after all the marks have been added.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Cris

Cris Ewing