[CM] SND-7 build errors on OSX (fwd)

cristopher pierson ewing cewing@u.washington.edu
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:26:56 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, the reason for the inconsistency is that I've hacked the makefile as
described in README.Snd.  I used the path names described there to change
the makefile lines regarding MOTIF to read as follows:

MOTIF_LIBS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lSM -lICE /sw/lib/libXm.a \
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXp.a /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.a -lXext -lXpm -lX11

(without the linebreak, of course)

This is leading to the problem that config.h says I have no gui, but the
makefile knows where to look for libXm.a, libXp.a, and libXt.a.
Obviously, just hacking the makefile has not worked, but I'm not sure
where to go from here, The relevant section of config.h read as follows:

/* #undef USE_MOTIF */
#define USE_NO_GUI 1
/* #undef HAVE_MOTIF */
/* #undef HAVE_XmToolTipGetLabel */
/* #undef HAVE_XmCreateMultiList */
/* #undef HAVE_XmCreateDataField */
/* #undef HAVE_XmCreateButtonBox */
/* #undef HAVE_XmCreateTabStack */
/* #undef HAVE_XmCreateDropDown */
/* #undef HAVE_XmCreateColumn */
/* #undef HAVE_XmCreateFontSelector */
/* #undef HAVE_XmCreateColorSelector */
/* #undef HAVE_XPM_GET_ERROR_STRING */
/* #undef HAVE_XPM_CREATE_XPM_IMAGE_FROM_PIXMAP */

I suppose that I could change all this to say that I do have motif and all
these commands, but I'm a bit nervous about that.  For one thing, the
motif section of README.Snd mentions motif-relate4d header files located
in /usr/X11R6/include/Xm.  Unfortunately, after installing motif via
fink, that directory doesn't exist.  Do I need more header files than the
three pointed to above in the hack for makefile?  Can I just change these
lines in config.h?

Thanks for your help,

Cris

Cris Ewing