[CM] cm 2.4 differences?

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:05:37 -0600

Its hard to tell because until the last two releases i was pretty
lacksidasical about numbering :/
i think i "released" that cm-2.4.0 tarball about 50 times!  So right
now the easiest way to tell what went on is to search a recent
doc/changelog.text file -- im pretty sure Ive documented evey
incompatible change there. So visiting the entries between your two
releases should give you a good idea of what went on.
I've changed my ways and am now trying to follow a stable/unstable
branch design, where odd release numbers mean unstable.  so, for
example, cvs head is now pointing at base-2_5 ie a cm-2.5.n release
branch that contains new functionality with (possibly) incompatible
changes between 2.4 and it. And I can guarantee that from 2.4.1 to
2.4.n there will be no new functionalry or breakage.