[CM] To define a specific treatement

taube@uiuc.edu taube@uiuc.edu
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 07:41:45 -0600

Hi, Im not exactly sure what it is that you want to accomplish, but you can certainly do it withs clm or snd.
for clm, you would define an instrument (definstument)
that performed your editing "treatment" for a specfied input file.  for example you might create an 'add-blank' instrument:

(definstrument add-blank (sndfile ...)
  ...)

Once you have your add-blank instument you would call it on your input file(s):

(with-sound (:output "blankpiano.aiff")
  (add-blank "piano1.aiff"))

(loop for f in (all-my-sound-files)
      do (with-sound (...) (add-blank f )))

and so on. it would be trivial to define your add-blank instrument in clm -- look at the docs on 'mix-sound' or look in the file "clm-2/ins" for a list of pre-defined sound-file processing insturments.

-rick