[CM] clm-2 OS X woes

Michael Klingbeil michael@klingbeil.com
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 03:03:05 -0400

Tried to load the last version of clm-2 on my MacOS X setup and
things are not going well. Perhaps someone can offer some advice.

My configuration is OS 10.3.5 with all the latest developer tools,
Apple X11 (including SDK), and OpenMCL latest from CVS.

When I load all.lisp, everything appears to be chugging along and
compiling, but I'm not getting any output. Configue didn't generate a
config.h and the only .o files I got were lispcall.o and sc.o

It seems that the build script doesn't recognize if anything has
failed? Perhaps there is a problem with the latest OpenMCL
ccl:run-progream

So just to avoid any weird lisp environment problems I did everything
by hand :(

When finally getting to the link part I get the following:

mkling$ cc  -dynamiclib -o /Users/mkling/lisp/clm-2/libclm.dylib
/Users/mkling/lisp/clm-2/lispcall.o
/Users/mkling/lisp/clm-2/headers.o /Users/mkling/lisp/clm-2/audio.o
/Users/mkling/lisp/clm-2/io.o /Users/mkling/lisp/clm-2/sound.o
/Users/mkling/lisp/clm-2/clm.o /Users/mkling/lisp/clm-2/cmus.o
/Users/mkling/lisp/clm-2/sc.o  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11  -lm -lc
-framework CoreAudio
ld: Undefined symbols:
_cacos
_cacosh
_ccos
_ccosh
_cexp
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed

Any suggestions before I start ripping things apart? Should I be using clm-3?