[CM] What do I call a network drive

Phil Sobolik epsobolik@rcn.com
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:45:54 -0400

I'm using CM on a Mac with OS X.  I would like to use an external drive on
my Windows XP computer to store .cm and .mid files.  I have the drive
shared on my Mac Desktop.  The name reads 'EXT (E)' - I named the
connection 'EXT' and it's drive 'E' on the Windows computer.  (shell "ls
/volumes") lists the local Mac drive and
'workgroup;eps042002'.  'workgroup' is the 'domain' name on the Windows
computer.  'eps042002' is the name of the computer according to XP.  When I
type in (cd "/volumes/workgroup;eps042002") I get an 'Illegal directory
string' error.  I can then (shell "ls") and get a listing, but keep getting
the error.  (load xxx) doesn't work.  I assume CM is using OS 9
directory/file name rules or something.  Is there a something I can call
the drive that CM will understand?

Phil Sobolik