[CM] local variables not shadowing in defprocess

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 04:36:06 -0700

 > Just curios, what are the reasons for [possible] abandnoning CL?

There was a brief discussion about this in:

http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/cmdist/2002-June/000092.html

(not sure that's a real link -- the cmdist archives in June 2002,
see "on Guile").

The only thing I'd change, 2 years later, is that the "pointless
bickering" has petered out...

I'd add that lisp implementations have gotten worse, not better,
in regards to the FFI's -- they're all different, and constantly
changing.  And the free lisps (sbcl in particular) are being
developed by people with what I regard as a C-mentality -- highly
annoying to someone who remembers the good old days...

Also, CL debuggers have stagnated, and are currently
not even close to gdb -- it's an act of complete desperation to
ask for a CL backtrace, for example.

And as Rick said earlier, Scheme closures and "funcall" handling are
real improvements over CL.