[CM] Changing the menu font in Gtk Snd

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 04:37:18 -0700

 > I tried the Xresources now, but it seems, this doesn't affect the Gtk
 > version. Redarding ~/.snd: I don't know what to write into this to
 > change the menu font.

Gtk has its own notion of a resource file, named (in this case) Snd.gtkrc.
The default version is built-in, but you can edit it, although I've had
reports that it has no effect (it works for me, so I've been unable to
track down the problem).  In your ~/.snd file you should be able to
change the default fonts by setting the various font variables using
Gtk font names ("Monospace 10" for example):

(set! (axis-label-font) "Serif 14")

There's a font-selection dialog in snd-gtk.scm -- it gives you a list
of all the fonts it can find and a way to choose which Snd variable
you want to apply the selected font to.

Let me know if these fail -- the font/color handling in the Gtk version
of Snd has been pessimal in the past, due to programmer exasperation,
but I do want them to work reliably.