[CM] Changing the menu font in Gtk Snd

Frank Barknecht fbar@footils.org
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:58:31 +0200

Hallo,
Bill Schottstaedt hat gesagt: // Bill Schottstaedt wrote:

> Gtk has its own notion of a resource file, named (in this case) Snd.gtkrc.
> The default version is built-in, but you can edit it, although I've had
> reports that it has no effect (it works for me, so I've been unable to
> track down the problem).

Ah, this is very wonderful, I didn't know this (obviously), but now
found, that an example is included. This allows many cool
customizations for Gtk-Snd users. And Snd  easily can look just like
my other Gtk-Applications for example using my standard theme with
this as single line in Snd.gtkrc:

  # Just include whatever I use currently:
  include "/home/fbar/.gtkrc-2.0"

Screenshot here: http://footils.org/images/snd-gtkrc.png

> There's a font-selection dialog in snd-gtk.scm -- it gives you a list
> of all the fonts it can find and a way to choose which Snd variable
> you want to apply the selected font to.
>
> Let me know if these fail -- the font/color handling in the Gtk version
> of Snd has been pessimal in the past, due to programmer exasperation,
> but I do want them to work reliably.

I had already tried the font select dialog from there, which worked
but only allowed to change the fonts also mention in the docs, like
axix fonts and so on, not the menu font. But the gtkrc is the Right
Place(tm) to configure this anyway, as is Xdefaults for Motif.

Ciao