[CM] Installing CM under Cygwin on Windows XP

James Ravan jamesravan@comcast.net
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:19:26 -0500

> > *** - The value of TOK must be one of DARWIN, LINUX
> > The value is: CYGWIN_NT-5.1
> >

> Well this is certainly a "bug" -- ive only tried cm in Guile / cygwin
> and it did work there.
> But I don't think this is the problem you originally posted. That one
> seems like an end of line problem, as Ralf suggested.

AHA! I think I understand what the original problem was. CLISP seems to be
reading the terminal in what I call "raw" mode, that is, including
keystrokes like <backspace>. Depending on where I edited the load command
with <backspace> characters, I could get CLISP to return all sorts of error
messages, including the original one I mentioned.

So given that, what can I do about the real bug above? And if anyone else
uses CLISP, what's going on with input editing?

regards,
-jim