[CM] CM newbie looking for working .CMs for Lisp

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:03:12 -0500

> CM seems to have installed painlessly, but I tried to load the
> examples to confirm. All but cring.cm (sp?) are in Scheme, and
> cring.cm seems to have a lot of problems (macros can't even expand). I
> can probably sort it all out, but am I missing something? Is there any
> other place to find example .Cms?

CM has a "scheme compatibilty" package so by default you can use either
scheme or cltl syntax when you work in the Common Music package.  All
of the examples in the book should work. cring.cm may be a stale file
that i havent fixed -- Ill be "proofing" all of the examples in the
next two weeks. please send me whatever you find that doenst work. I
have to have everything working correctly for the CD.

You can do (push :no-scheme *features*) before building cm if you dont
want the scheme compatibility.

-rick