[CM] CLM versions

Michael Klingbeil michael@klingbeil.com
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 23:38:14 -0400

For more comprehensible version info, try evaluating *clm-date* and *clm-news*

Much more useful than *clm-version* in my opinion.

However, I would strongly support Bret's idea whereby the clm tar
file or the directory within the tar file has the release date
appended -- like clm-2-030929. This would make things less confusing
and avoid me accidentally blowing something away when I unarchive a
new version. Usually I have 2 or sometimes even 3 active versions of
clm lying around -- stable (sometimes with my own tweaks and hacks),
latest download, and then usually some other version inbetween...

I would also support posting of the last revision date -- or maybe
posting a direct link to HISTORY.clm on the webpage.

Bill, perhaps you could comment on whether any of these suggestions
are reasonable.

Best regards,

Michael