[CM] stdout in CM?

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Fri, 2 May 2003 14:25:37 -0700

> 1- I´m currently using 'Blue' (an environment for Csound) that is
> designed to work straightforward with any scripting language that can
> return values (score list) from the stdout of linux, so my question is
> (beyond chapter 24): how can I use this feature if I use CommonMusic?

CM can write/print/output to any lisp stream, maybe someone with more unix
experience can anwer this for you.

> 2- When I try to compile the cm-2.4.0 inside my Windows(XP) box it can
> recognize the folders separation character(/), so I tried with 4 possible
> combinations (/, \, //, \\) and neither of them works, can you help me
> with this?

you have to tell me what lisp you are using to compile common music. if its
clisp  then you should be able to use either the unix / or the windows \\
you have to use 2 \\ for a windows pathname because the \ character is an
'escape' character in Lisp.

so if you want to load a file called c:\whatever\test.lisp
you would type
: