[CM] Re: warning and error msg in clisp-clm

05 Mar 2003 10:32:45 -0800

> > > _ALSA  /home/zong/rc.c -o /home/zong/rc /home/zong/clm_lnxclp_EX1.o  -L/usr/lib/clisp/
> > > clm -lmus  -lasound  -lm
> > > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lasound
> >
> > You've got a version of clm that is expecting to find ALSA (rather than OSS),
> > but libasound.so (or .a) is not in a directory that the loader looks at,
> > or you haven't installed ALSA yet.
>
> Probably using the Planet CCRMA rpm without installing the dependencies
> (I think it should have complained at install time about the missing
> alsa libraries - if not there is something I should add to the rpm on
> the next release).

If it is the Planet CCRMA rpm then it was installed with --nodeps
(forcing the install even when the dependencies are not met). I just
checked the current clisp based rpms and the libasound dependency is
there...

To rebuild the cm-clm-cmn rpm for oss (using clisp - substitute clisp
with cmucl to use cmucl :-)
- get and install clisp from Planet CCRMA
- get the cm-clm-cmn-1.0-17.src.rpm source rpm from Planet CCRMA
- install it:
  rpm -Uvh cm-clm-cmn-1.0.17.src.rpm
- cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
- rpm -ba --define "sound_api oss" --define "lisp clisp"
cm-clm-cmn-1.0-17.spec
(use rpmbuild instead of rpm if running redhat 8.0)

-- Fernando