[CM] Re: warning and error msg in clisp-clm

05 Mar 2003 10:20:31 -0800

> > SETQ: assignment to the internal special symbol CLM::EXPLODE-CTR
>
> I don't know why it is complaining about this, but I assume you can just ignore it.

> > _ALSA  /home/zong/rc.c -o /home/zong/rc /home/zong/clm_lnxclp_EX1.o  -L/usr/lib/clisp/
> > clm -lmus  -lasound  -lm
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lasound
>
> You've got a version of clm that is expecting to find ALSA (rather than OSS),
> but libasound.so (or .a) is not in a directory that the loader looks at,
> or you haven't installed ALSA yet.

Probably using the Planet CCRMA rpm without installing the dependencies
(I think it should have complained at install time about the missing
alsa libraries - if not there is something I should add to the rpm on
the next release).

I used to provide an oss rpm but I don't have that in the site any
longer. The source rpm can be used to build an oss only version easily
by editing the spec file and rebuilding.

-- Fernando