[CM] CM & CLM combo -> instr's not recognized

Bret Battey bbattey@u.washington.edu
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:20:35 -0700

> of package issue... What package did you compile the instument in? Can

Ah, there's the key. In the test described in my original email, I compiled
the instruments using CLM only.

Retrying the test by loading CLM/CM build, compiling the instrument,
quitting, and then starting and trying to load, I get the following:

...using CLM only:

? (load "Macintosh
HD:Battey:Studio:Research:PICACS:picacs:clm:scentroid:scentroid")
> Error: There is no package named "CM" .
> While executing: CCL::%FASL-PACKAGE

...using CLM/CM:

loads and executes fine

So if one wants to load using CLM only, one must compile with CLM only. If
one wants to load using CM/CLM, one must compile using CM/CLM. (Or I presume
one could force instrument compiles to occur w/the CLM package active and
from CM run instruments by designating the CLM:: package.)

That works for my immediate purposes, though it does seem a likely source of
confusion for others, too.

-=b

======