[CM] tempo-change

Johannes Quint johannes.quint@web.de
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:53:15 +0200

--Apple-Mail-2-502300067

i've written a function, which opens midifiles via sibelius instead of
quicktime.

(set-midi-output-hook! #'sib-play-midifile)

this works fine. then i've add two functions to change time-signatures
and tempos from bar to bar:

(define (metermsg time n d)
   (multiple-value-bind (msg data)
       (make-time-signature n d)
     (new midimsg time time msg msg data data)))

(define (tempomsg time tempo)
   (multiple-value-bind (msg data)
       (make-tempo-change tempo)
     (new midimsg time time msg msg data data)))

strange is, that the first (metermsg) works fine but the second
(tempomsg) creates in sibelius odd tempi, i.e.
(tempomsg (now) 120)
creates in sibelius tempo 90000 or so.
is this a problem of sib or is something wrong with my code?

j.

__

Johannes Quint
Rilkestr.55
D-53225 Bonn
0228 468256
johannes.quint@web.de
http://private.addcom.de/j.quint/index.htm
--Apple-Mail-2-502300067

i've written a function, which opens midifiles via sibelius instead of
quicktime.

<fixed>

(set-midi-output-hook! #'sib-play-midifile)

</fixed>

this works fine. then i've add two functions to change time-signatures
and tempos from bar to bar:

<fixed>

(define (metermsg time n d)

  (multiple-value-bind (msg data)

      (make-time-signature n d)

    (new midimsg time time msg msg data data)))

(define (tempomsg time tempo)

  (multiple-value-bind (msg data)

      (make-tempo-change tempo)

    (new midimsg time time msg msg data data)))

</fixed>

strange is, that the first (metermsg) works fine but the second
(tempomsg) creates in sibelius odd tempi, i.e.

<fixed>(tempomsg (now) 120) </fixed>

creates in sibelius tempo 90000 or so.

is this a problem of sib or is something wrong with my code?

j.

__

Johannes Quint

Rilkestr.55