[CM] midishare

susanne.quint susanne.quint@web.de
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:54:09 +0200

--Apple-Mail-2-261154550

On Saturday, July 12, 2003, at 03:01 PM, Rick Taube wrote:

> Did you actually install and configure the Misihare and Player=20
> applications from the Grame ftp site and can you use their apps=20
> successfully? If you can start their msController app and play your=20
> synth with it then you can declare success. But until that point you=20=

> should not try to build CM with it because it wont work unless you=20
> have installed Midishare coor3ectly. Onnce you do have it installed=20
> you will have to recompile cm since it depends on symbols it imports=20=

> from the midi

thats what i've done. midishare seems to works via mscontroller but=20
building cm, i get
'midishare not installed'

> share package.
> =A0
> [midishare is installed in /Applications/ccl/darwin-headers]
>
> only the=A0OpenMCL=A0 FFI to Midishare should be installed there! You =
can=20
> get this FFI from CCRMA, i left a tarball of it in the cm ftp area.=A0=20=

> This FFI is not Midishare itself.
> =A0

yes,, i have ffi in my ccl folder: /ccl/darwin-header/midishare/ and=20
then C, constants.cdb, etc.

> There are some direction for installing MIdishare:
> =A0
> http://commonmusic.sf.net/doc/install.html#install_ms
>

> =A0
> BTW Please let me know if these=A0isntall directions are unclear or=20
> incorrect, I wrote then several weeks after I got Midishare working.
> =A0

__

Johannes Quint
Rilkestr.55
D-53225 Bonn
0228 468256
johannes.quint@web.de
http://private.addcom.de/j.quint/index.htm

--Apple-Mail-2-261154550

On Saturday, July 12, 2003, at 03:01 PM, Rick Taube wrote:

=
am>Did
you actually install and configure the Misihare and Player
applications from the Grame ftp site and can you use their apps
successfully? If you can start their msController app and play your
synth with it then you can declare success. But until that point you
should not try to build CM with it because it wont work unless you
have installed Midishare coor3ectly. Onnce you do have it installed
you will have to recompile cm since it depends on symbols it imports
from the midi

thats what i've done. midishare seems to works via mscontroller but
building cm, i get

'midishare not installed'

=
am>share
package.</color></fontfamily>

</color></fontfamily>[midishare is installed in
/Applications/ccl/darwin-headers]

the=A0OpenMCL=A0 FFI to Midishare should be installed there! You can get
this FFI from CCRMA, i left a tarball of it in the cm ftp area.=A0 This
FFI is not Midishare itself.</color></fontfamily>

=A0

</excerpt>

yes,, i have ffi in my ccl folder: /ccl/darwin-header/midishare/ and
etc.</fontfamily>

=
am>There
are some direction for installing MIdishare:</color></fontfamily>

=A0

=
aram>http://commonmusic.sf.net/doc/install.html#install_ms</color></fontfa=
mily></underline>

</excerpt>

<excerpt>=A0

Please let me know if these=A0isntall directions are unclear or
incorrect, I wrote then several weeks after I got Midishare =
working.</color></fontfamily>

=A0

__

Johannes Quint