[CM] cm with openmcl and xemacs

Johannes Quint johannes.quint@web.de
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 23:34:18 +0200

--Apple-Mail-2--409636534

On Friday, July 4, 2003, at 10:31 PM, Rick Taube wrote:

>> yesterday i've downloaded xemacs from this site:
>>
>> is this another version as yours?
>
> yes. if you read the xemacs homepage they probably dont support osx.
> So you should install all X Windows and Linux apps for ISX via Fink.
> The Fink project makes Linux and Xwindoes software avaialble to
> compile and run on OSX. Fink is built on top of the debian apt-get
> tool set, except that after it downloads software it pathches the
> sources to compile and run on OSX. Fink also has binary releases of
> its 'stable' software pacakges, these you can download and then run.
> There is also a GUI to Fink. I dont use it myself, but Google 'fink
> commander' for more info. Perhaps at some point in the future projects
> like Xemacs and Guile will provide that their own software runs on
> OSX, but  until then use Fink.

http://fink.sfe.net/pdb/package.php/xemacs-sumo-pkg: this link seems to
work no more. but on the fink site there is a link to www.xemacs.org,
so i hope thats ok (xemacs _alone_ can be launched on my computer...).

>  I sent a note to the list awhile back detailing exactly what you had
> to do

did you remember the month?

thanks again
j.

__

Johannes Quint
Rilkestr.55
D-53225 Bonn
0228 468256
johannes.quint@web.de
http://private.addcom.de/j.quint/index.htm
--Apple-Mail-2--409636534

On Friday, July 4, 2003, at 10:31 PM, Rick Taube wrote:

<excerpt>

<excerpt>

yesterday i've downloaded xemacs from this site:

is this another version as yours?

</excerpt>

[...]

<excerpt> I sent a note to the list awhile back detailing exactly what
you had to do

</excerpt>

did you remember the month?

thanks again