[CM] Sprouting processes from sequences?

Larry Troxler lt@westnet.com
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 18:50:22 -0500

I would like to define a class with parameters that I can but in a
sequence, where the parameters would be the argruments to a process that
is sprouted at the start-time.

I sort-of had this working on an earlier version of CM, but some things
have changed - for example, "process" is no longer a class.

Can someone suggest a good way of going about this?

For example,

(defobject arpeggio ()
	(...)
	(:parameters time dur step chord ...))

.. and then when scheduled, this object will sprout some process that
creates an arpeggio, of say csound objects, for example.

The advantage is that a these objects can be nicely sequenced, and when
printed show their parameters, just like an event.

Larry Troxler