[CM] Why are containers named?

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 07:34:33 -0800

Your message seems to imply that you are forced to use names but actually
you are not. so if you dont like them dont use them.  orighinally name were
added so you could use #!foo inside quoted lists of data (item steams.) .
but as you say saving a container can be a problem without a name since load
does not return a value. im not sure what to do in this case.