[CM] new chapters available

rm@fabula.de rm@fabula.de
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 20:53:05 +0100

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 08:16:54PM +0100, rm@fabula.de wrote:
> cm> (events (play-ran :uniform 100 .1 20 100) "uniform.midi"
>                       :channel-tuning ct9)
>
> (missing ':').

Same for later examples ...

Example 7: Playing exponential distributions

  'nil' doesn't work for the guile version. The example does work when
  #f is used.

Example 8: A Gaussian distribution.

  Something looks very strange in the function calls to play-gauss: the
  file name seems to be missing and the function gets called with 5 params
  even so play-gauss was defined with arity 4.

Example 11: Sampling without replacement.

  The variable 'rate' doesn't seem to be bound within 'sampling'.

Example 15: The tapping process.

 Doesn't work in guile. I think the problem is burried in '(vary .1 v)'
 Calling it directly doesn't seem to work either -- hmm, looking
 at the code it seems like there should be parens arround :above and
 :below in the case statement ...

Example 22: Calling masker.

  tri-env isn't defined ....

Examples 23/24:

 24 fails since it seems to expand into an invocation of make-ptable
 where s => #f and hence (/ s total) fails.

Example 29:

  in the call to arpeggiate-exprhy notes only 9 params are provided while
  the function has arity 10.

 Hth  Ralf Mattes