[CM] Can Stella be grafted onto CM 2.4.x?

Larry Troxler lt@westnet.com
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 23:40:43 -0500

I guess this is directed mostly to Rick, since he obviously would be the
most knowledgeable about this.

How difficult would it be to adapt Stella (from the old CM sources) to
work with the current CM 2.4?

The reason I ask is because, without Stella, I am getting quite tired of
all the typing involved to edit CM threads. In the process, I find that
I am filling up my startup file with a bunch of shortcut functions, and
it makes me wonder if it wouldn't be easier to port the Stella code to
the current CM, rather than doing what amounts to re-inventing the
wheel.

Of course to some degree this is a lazy question, since I can dig into
the relevant sources myself and figure it out. But I thought that Rick
(or someone else who has tried it) might have a quick answer to save me
some time.

Larry Troxler