[CM] A problem with :scaled-to?

Michael Klingbeil michael@klingbeil.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 01:02:50 -0500

I seem to remember experiencing this a few years back. I think the
problem for me was that for some reason a huge value was being output
(like a nasty click) and since this became the maximum amplitude,
everything else was scaled to the point of inaudibility.

I don't recall whether this was a bug or a problem in the instrument.
Since switching to clm-2 (and making the appropriate tweaks for
MacOS) I haven't had any problems like that.

Try adding a :statistics t to your calls to with-sound (if you
haven't already). If the maximum amplitude seems ridiculously huge
(in the thousands) then perhaps that is the problem.

Also, maybe there is a way to save the intermediate result before
scaling so that you could look at the sound file and see if there is
some kind of nasty value in there? But I'm not sure exactly how to do
that...

Michael