[CM] Problems with CM-2.4.0-CLM-2-Openmcl-0.13.6-OSX

Ludger Bruemmer lb@zkm.de
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:41:03 +0200

--Apple-Mail-13-101801144

--Apple-Mail-14-101801144

I had exactly the same problem, on the Linux Box using ACL. Rick wrote
that it works with clisp and cmucl. But since clisp does not use the
ffi version I presume that the clm-2 part is faster using acl-cm-clm-2.
Would it be possible to change that? I enclosed the trace of the error
message with a zoom. It seems the cm wants to compile Midi-Share.

--Apple-Mail-14-101801144

I had exactly the same problem, on the Linux Box using ACL. Rick wrote
that it works with clisp and cmucl. But since clisp does not use the
ffi version I presume that the clm-2 part is faster using
acl-cm-clm-2. Would it be possible to change that? I enclosed the
trace of the error message with a zoom. It seems the cm wants to
compile Midi-Share.

--Apple-Mail-14-101801144--

--Apple-Mail-13-101801144

USER(4): :ld /usr/src/cm-2.4.0/src/cm

; Compiling "/usr/src/cm-2.4.0/src/midishare/MidiShare-Interface.lisp".; While
                                                                       ; compiling
                                                                       ; (:TOP-LEVEL-FORM
                                                                       ;  "MidiShare-Interface.lisp"
                                                                       ;  11994)
                                                                       ; in
                                                                       ; /usr/src/cm-2.4.0/src/midishare/MidiShare-Interface.lisp:
Warning: Free reference to undeclared variable *LISP-STARTUP-FUNCTIONS*
         assumed special.
Warning: Free reference to undeclared variable *LISP-CLEANUP-FUNCTIONS*
         assumed special.
; While compiling ADD-STARTUP-ACTION in
;   /usr/src/cm-2.4.0/src/midishare/MidiShare-Interface.lisp:
Warning: Free reference to undeclared variable *LISP-STARTUP-FUNCTIONS*
         assumed special.
; While compiling ADD-QUIT-ACTION in
;   /usr/src/cm-2.4.0/src/midishare/MidiShare-Interface.lisp:
Warning: Free reference to undeclared variable *LISP-CLEANUP-FUNCTIONS*
         assumed special.
Error: No dispatch function defined for #\_.
  [condition type: SIMPLE-ERROR]

Restart actions (select using :continue):
 0: retry the compilation of /usr/src/cm-2.4.0/src/midishare/MidiShare-Interface.lisp
 1: continue compiling
    /usr/src/cm-2.4.0/src/midishare/MidiShare-Interface.lisp but
    generate no output file
 2: retry the load of /usr/src/cm-2.4.0/src/cm
 3: skip loading /usr/src/cm-2.4.0/src/cm

[changing package from "COMMON-LISP-USER" to "MIDISHARE"]
[1] MS(5): :zo
Evaluation stack:

   (ERROR SIMPLE-ERROR :FORMAT-CONTROL ...)
 ->(READ
      #<EXCL::CHARACTER-INPUT-FILE-STREAM
        #p"/usr/src/cm-2.4.0/src/midishare/MidiShare-Interface.lisp" pos 26825
        @ #x204b261a>
      NIL ...)
   ((FLET COMPILE-FILE COMP::CONTINUATION))
   (COMPILE-FILE
      "/usr/src/cm-2.4.0/src/midishare/MidiShare-Interface.lisp"
      :OUTPUT-FILE ...)
   (PROGN (FORMAT T "~%; Compiling ~s." ...)
          (COMPILE-FILE USER::SF :OUTPUT-FILE ...) ...)
   (LET (# #) (IF # #) ...)
   ((FLET () USER::CLOAD) "midishare" "MidiShare-Interface")
   (LET NIL (IF # #) ...)
   [... EXCL::%EVAL ]
   (FLET (#) (IF # #) ...)
   [... EXCL::EVAL-AS-PROGN ]

... more older frames ...
[1] MS(6):

--Apple-Mail-13-101801144

--Apple-Mail-15-101801145

ludger

Am Freitag, 29.08.03 um 13:48 Uhr schrieb Juan Reyes:

> Hi Rick,
>
> I tried to compile CM-latest on ACL Linux and it doesn't compile past
> the MIDISHARE part, while CLM, and CMN are loaded without any =
problems.
> It is not clear to me how I can tell CM where MIDISHARE files are
> located in Linux either. In the same way I tried planetCCRMA's cmucl
> with pretty much the same results.
>
> Also the save function doesn't work past saving the XCM script. I had=20=

> save the CM image by hand but I am not sure if this is intended in=20
> these
> newest versions.
>
>   --* Juan
>
> On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 05:08, Rick Taube wrote:
>>> I try to use Common Music 2.4.0 with CLM-2 with Heinrich Taubes Book
>>> as a reference. I work on OSX with openmcl 0.13.6 . Compilation of=20=

>>> CLM
>>> and CM went fine and the image was built without any problem. =
>>> the clm instrument and CLM itself as well is without any problem. =
But
>>> it is impossible to access a clm Instrument from CM. Neither by
>>> calling the object-parameters nor by loading the algorithm. I get =
the
>>> error messsage
>>

>> I think I fixed the problem in the CVS version of CM. Im testing this
>> system for the book right now and i will be testing before start of
>> school next week.  In the mean time ive updated the snapshot of it on
>> the CCRMA ftp server with the fix:
>>
>> ftp://ftp-ccrma.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/cm/sources/cm-2.4.0.tar.gz
>>
>> try deleting all cm fasl files and then using this newer tarfile and
>> let me know if this fixes it the definstrument.
>>
>> I cant trigger the reported errors/ problems with midishare. I =
removed
>> the shared libs and the cm build script worked fine. I also tried to
>> trigger the error using clisp on Linux that nando reported but didnt
>> get the problem. btw when you tried building with midishare installed
>> did you actually install the headers in ccl:darwin-headers;  ? see
>>
>> http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/doc/install.html#install_ms
>>
>> for more info

Ludger Br=FCmmer

Leitung Institut f=FCr Musik und Akustik
Director of Institute for Music and Acoustics

///////  / |< ||| |  ZKM|Zentrum f=FCr Kunst und Medientechnologie
///////  / |< ||| |  Center for Art and Media
///////  / |< ||| |  Centre d'Art et de Technologie des Medias

Lorenzstrasse 19 . D - 76135 Karlsruhe
P.O. Box 6909 . D - 76049 Karlsruhe

Phone ++49 721 8100-1600 Fax ++49 721 8100-1699
email: ludi@zkm.de  http://www.zkm.de  http://www.sumtone.com/lb

--Apple-Mail-15-101801145

ludger

I tried to compile CM-latest on ACL Linux and it doesn't compile past

the MIDISHARE part, while CLM, and CMN are loaded without any problems.

It is not clear to me how I can tell CM where MIDISHARE files are

located in Linux either. In the same way I tried planetCCRMA's cmucl

with pretty much the same results.

Also the save function doesn't work past saving the XCM script. I had

save the CM image by hand but I am not sure if this is intended in
these

newest versions.

  --* Juan=20