[CM] snd hangs system

andrew a@etver.com
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:17:48 +0400

Hi, All,

This is my first msg here. Unfortunately, it isn't about sounds
or music. It's technical :-)

The problem: snd hangs system (only "reset" button helps)

Actions: selecting wav region with mouse. Hanging takes place
          when mouse cursor goes out of wav graphic.

Env: initially RH9, some soft was updated (clear 2.4.20, KDE 3.1.3,
      Qt 3.20 and so on), P4 2.4 GHZ, USB Logitech mouse.

What I have tried:

- snd 6.11 and some last tars,
- build with motif,
- build with gtk
- with gl and without,
- with different video drivers(!) for my GeForce2 (standard "nv" driver
   from RH distribution ans two last "nvidia" drivers from nVidia site)

I'm surprised with snd possibilities (and even going to learn Scheme :-),
it will be so sad, if technical problem will stop me in this attractive
way.

Thanks!
Andrew