[CM] learning scheme/lisp

Jeremiah Benham JBenham@mktadvantage.com
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:12:41 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35CF6.587F6500

I have mostly used snd with DP's gui .scm plugins. I have a desire lately to
learn to use scheme/lisp.

I am interested in documenting everything I learn and turning it into a very
detailed guide to scheming in snd/clm.

I have been trying to replace everyhting I do at the gui with a lisp
command.

For you guys that already know this stuff, what could you suggest to a
person starting out?

I think it would be cool to eveuntually write a plugin to interact with
festival within snd.  It probably should not be to hard since festival can
be scripted through sceme already.

Is there a clisp equivalent to equivalent to doing (start-snd)in clm?
In clisp I triend (start-snd) and it produced a #t.  When I launched snd
manually and thype (start-snd) it returend #NIL. Can I send output to snd in
clisp?

I noticed also that in snd6.9 I could type (jc-reverb 2.0 #f .1 #f) this
applied chowning reverb to the entire sounfile.  in snd6.11 it tells me the
fuction is not defined. Do I need to load a .scm to define that function?
If so what file is it?

Thanks,
Jeremiah

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35CF6.587F6500

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>learning scheme/lisp</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have mostly used snd with DP's gui .scm plugins. I =
have a desire lately to learn to use scheme/lisp.&nbsp; </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I am interested in documenting everything I learn and =
turning it into a very detailed guide to scheming in snd/clm. </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have been trying to replace everyhting I do at the =
gui with a lisp command. </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>For you guys that already know this stuff, what could =
you suggest to a person starting out?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I think it would be cool to eveuntually write a =
plugin to interact with festival within snd.&nbsp; It probably should =
not be to hard since festival can be scripted through sceme =
already.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Is there a clisp equivalent to equivalent to doing =
(start-snd)in clm?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>In clisp I triend (start-snd) and it produced a =
#t.&nbsp; When I launched snd manually and thype (start-snd) it =
returend #NIL. Can I send output to snd in clisp?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I noticed also that in snd6.9 I could type (jc-reverb =
2.0 #f .1 #f) this applied chowning reverb to the entire =
sounfile.&nbsp; in snd6.11 it tells me the fuction is not defined. Do I =
need to load a .scm to define that function?&nbsp; If so what file is =
it?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Jeremiah</FONT>
</P>