[CM] Novice Help

Ali Serkan Sevilgen ali@sevilgen.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:58:54 -0400

Hi, I am Ali Serkan Sevilgen. I am a senior student at Music Technology
Department of Yildiz Technical University in Istanbul, Turkey. I am
working on my senior project which aims to explore the compositional
possibilities in computer music. I hope this project will be a good
starting point in Turkey to attract academical interest to computer
music.

I see that Common Music is the most widely used composition tool having
Csound score file generation ability. However for a novice like me it
is tricky to use it, even to install it (at least for me). I am very
new to Lisp and Emacs (I've started learning Lisp after realizing CM is
written in Lisp) and also have some experience in programming. I need
something like "Common Music for Dummies" since i couldn't even install
the software neither on Linux nor Windows. I searched the internet,
found something but it didn't work.

I don't want to bother the list with my beginner questions however, I
really need help. Will anyone who has time (and patience:) may contact
me, please? All help will be very appreciated.

Best Regards

Ali Serkan Sevilgen