[CM] cm-2.4.0, cross-refs in dictionary

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:41:58 -0700

> BTW, what is your source format for the documentation? Do you use
> some kind of XML? I'd like to produce a printed version of the docs

Ill tell you but you will probably puke -- I have a Lisp based "meta-synax"
that look like HTML comments  in the source text file.  For example to
format an entry my source file would look like

<!-- (<entry> "whatever" :type "Variable") -->
blah blah

So... <entry> and </entry> are lisp function  that do whatever formatting i
want.Then i call  my parser (a lisp function) on the text file to generate
the actual html file Everything in the doc files is formatted this way -- i
never actually write any html commands except for things  like <i></i> in
the text.

I realize xml would be a better way to go but  im too old  to keep learning
new tricks.