[CM] cm->cmn niente confusion

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 04:24:04 -0700

> cmn's symbol for niente is ... niente, and cm is writing a .cmn file
> with just n.

It is a bit circuitous, but the "n" comes from the identify method
as applied to a dynamic which uses the mark name as its output
name, and in the definition of niente, its "true-name" is given
as "n" but the correspoding lisp function name is given as
"niente" -- the "correct" form (using "n" for both) is commented
out -- I can't remember anything about this.  I guess the quick
fix would be to change line 1685 of cmn1.lisp to

(define-dynamics niente :n "niente" '(0 0) '(0.000 0 0.15 0.175))

I'll try it later today.