[CM] some CM questions

rm@fabula.de rm@fabula.de
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:26:02 +0200

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 07:09:12PM -0400, marco trevisani wrote:
> Il 06/10/2002 alle 19:44:04, +0200, rm@fabula.de ha scritto:
> > One thing i did last week to ease LISP work on Linux was to create a
> > small defsystem file for cmn so i can just '(require 'cmn)' from Xemacs
> > ilisp. Maybe something similar for clm/cm would be a goog starting point?
> >
> Yes to me it sounds the way to go, to use defsystem, for lisp
> applications. Would it be possible to see your cmn defsystem? and it is
> a good idea to do the same with clm and cm
>
> 	ciao,
> 	marco

Sorry for the late answer (a short vacation in the black forrest ;-)
I pretty much took the copy-and-paste aproach (as i said, i'm no LISP
expert) -- here's my setup for cmucl on a recent Debian system:

 1) created a directory '/usr/share/common-lisp/source/cmn' and moved
   all cmn files into that.

 2) added a system description file '/usr/share/common-lisp/systems/cmn.system'
    with the following content:

;;; -*- Syntax: Ansi-Common-Lisp; Base: 10; Mode: lisp; Package: cl-user -*-

(in-package :cl-user)

(mk:defsystem :cmn
 :source-pathname  #p"cl-library:cmn;"
 :source-extension "lisp"
 :components
    ((:file "cmn-all.lisp"))
  :finally-do
       (progn
          (provide :cmn)
          (pushnew :cmn cl:*features*))

  :documentation "This is the Common Music Notation (cmn) package.")

 3) As the system superuser, started up cmucl (called 'lisp' on Debian
    systems) and issued a '(require 'cmn)' which will trigger compilation
    of the files (this needs to be done as root since the process will
    create files in the newly created directory).

hth

  Ralf Mattes