[CM] CM: help with using pattern in "repeat" clause?!

Larry Troxler lt@westnet.com
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 21:41:56 -0400

Hi, CM gurus. I'm having a very weird problem here, and I would
appreciate any help as to what concept I'm missing.

The problem is that I have problems when I use a pattern for the
"repeat" clause in the parent pattern. The weird thing is that if I use
"for", then everything works ok.

I realize I must be having a major brain lapse, but for the life of me I
can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. As you see below, the only change
I make is to change "for" to "repeat", and then it fails. The
documentation indicates that both "for" and "repeat" can take a pattern.

This is CM 2.3.4 and the documentation I'm working with is the one
distributed with that version.

* (setf x (new cycle of '(1 2) for (new cycle of '(3 4)))
)

#<cycle @ x48630BD5>
* (next x)

1
NIL
* (setf x (new cycle of '(1 2) repeat (new cycle of '(3 4))))

#<cycle @ x4863A155>
* (next x)

Argument Y is not a REAL: #<cycle @ x4863A025>.