[CM] which lisp/scheme for future use?

Tue, 8 Oct 2002 20:27:37 -0700 (PDT)

> >I gave CMUcl a try yesterday
> >but got tons of errors trying to compile the lisp image (after 11000
> >lines of output).
>
> You can get a prebuilt version of cmucl. Check their site or planetccrma.
> When i last looked (several years ago) it seemed that building cmucl from
> scratch was a huge project and required someone with the chops of
> Nando at ccrma to do it.

Hmmm, nope, I did not build cmucl from scratch (meaning starting from
nothing). I assume that is fairly complicated because cmucl is written in
cmucl :-) Anyway, I used the already built debian binary and properly
repackaged that into rpms. Using that as a base I managed to recompile
cmucl from source as a test, but ended up using the repackaged debian
binaries as they were working fine (if it ain't broken don't fix it :-) I
could incorporate the process of rebuilding into the rpm spec file but I
have not done that yet.

Planet CCRMA uses those cmucl binaries and clisp binaries (those compiled
from scratch, it is easy :-) as the base for the binary cm/clm/cmn
packages.

What is missing (in Planet CCRMA) is a step by step demo of the system. I
have a template for that in my mind, just have to find time to write it.

-- Fernando