[CM] Re: notation (my last 2 cents and final wish.)

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl@folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:06:37 +0200

I guess, I agree in about every part to Rick. The major discomfort
using Finale is the lack of being able to import information about
layers, stem directions, articulations and measure widths, just to
name a few, which make the whole process of layout so time consuming.

I'm not sure, though, how much of that is covered by the IRCAM
procedure, Rick mentions. But of course, the process, doing a
preliminary layout using cmn while working and then moving everything
over to Finale once the piece is finished seems like a good way to
go. Right now, I use Finale as a Midifile renderer during my work
(shifting back and forth betwen the Mac and the PC) and that's very
far from ideal.

--
Orm