[CM] which lisp/scheme for future use?

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl@folkwang-hochschule.de
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 21:21:03 +0200

Hi Rick, all,

Am Sonntag, den 06. Oktober 2002 um 09:27:02 Uhr (-0700) schrieb Rick Taube:

> But as far as I know Tobias has not ported MI_D to linux so there is
> currently no possibility of real-time MIDI connection in CM except
> on the Mac. And MI_D wont work on OSX so I dont know what to do
> about midi anymore except implement it myself at some point. Its
> very depressing.

It's not all that bad: After fiddling with the idea of writing the
linux port of mi_d myself, I just found out that Tobias actually
ported mi_d to linux/oss last year! I got it compiled and installed
half an hour ago. It probably will need some tweaking to get it to
work with alsa's virtual midi devices but it does look promising. On
Tuesday afternoon I will have more time to check it out and will let
you know about the progress. As far as I can see someone then has to
write the glue between guile/cm and the library, right?

--
Orm