[CM] some CM questions

rm@fabula.de rm@fabula.de
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 19:44:04 +0200

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 11:53:35AM -0700, Rick Taube wrote:
> > i'm not very eloquent in CM or LISP (but i have a Mac with the software
> in-
> > stalled -- maybe i find some time to have a look at the plotter code).
>
> do yo mean to say you have Guile 1.5.6 or 1.6.0 running on a Mac?  If so
> where can I get these souces? i assume you mean osx, too?

No, sorry - i have Linux with Guile 1.6 (and 1.7 preprealpha ;-) and
a nice G4 with cm running - so i can have a look what the plotter does
(but using Guile from OSX is one of my next tasks -- it shouldn't be
_that_ hard and afaik there are others working on it too).

> > Where are places you could need some help?
>
> geez, dont get me started!

Well, from one of your last posts i read that you want to have a look
at autoconf. I'm knee-deep in that kind of stuff right now (for my
guile bindings code) and can offer some help with that, even so i'm not
shure that autoconf will solve the problems you mentioned.
One thing i did last week to ease LISP work on Linux was to create a
small defsystem file for cmn so i can just '(require 'cmn)' from Xemacs
ilisp. Maybe something similar for clm/cm would be a goog starting point?

 Ralf Mattes