[CM] question about CM

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 14:54:23 -0500

Greetings:

  I'm trying to build my edit of all.lisp image in the $HOME/cm/etc/ but
it fails here:

Error in function "DEFMACRO SETF":  Odd number of args to SETF.

Restarts:
  0: [CONTINUE] Return NIL from load of "etc/myall.lisp".
  1: [ABORT   ] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

("DEFMACRO SETF"
 (SETF CM-PATH
         "/home/dlphilp/cm-2.3.4/"
       CM-BIN-PATH
         "/home/dlphilp/cm-2.3.4/bin/"
       ...)
 NIL)
Source: Error finding source:
Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer
exists:
  target:code/macros.lisp.
0] 0
NIL
*

Also, I followed the instructions and originally did (load "cm.lisp")
which created a bunch of .x86f files in ~/cm/bin. When I started LISP
(CMUCL) again and ran (load "cm.lisp") again it ran and apparently
loaded the fast-load files but then just dumped me back to the xterm
prompt. I'm obviously missing something(s). Any advice for the complete
CM newbie ?

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

	The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org