some observations, was Re: [CM] a to-snd question

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 04:22:48 -0700

>  I figured there must be some
> .bashrc or .cshrc detail I'm missing WRT keyboard configuration.

I religiously copy this line to all my .cshrc's -- I have no idea
what it does -- it's probably completely irrelevant:

stty erase '^H' intr '^C'

> Bill, it would be great if you could make it happen in CMUCL!

Done.  I think openmcl and sbcl would also work, but I got sidetracked.

> The xcmnw binary works fine, it's just not getting
> called from any of the LISPs I've tried.

Odd -- this is my standard way of testing cmn, so I'm sure it works
in at least ACL -- I'll check cmucl.  xcmnw uses pipes for interjob
communication, so, once again, Clisp is not going to work.  (In the
best of all worlds, I'd make xen.h work in cmucl/acl, then the
xm module could run in common lisp, and xcmnw could be written in
lisp).

> What version of LISP will be used in the AGNULA distro ?

If it's clisp, then forget it -- use planetccrma.

> I'm trying to understand the various setup and configuration details CLM
> and CMN (CM to come soon too), and since my time is so limited I'm
> undoubtedly missing much.

Common Lisp in general needs a set of tools to parallel C's make and autoconf;
I am resisting the urge to editorialize...  I'll try to make that part of
the documentation less dependent on the reader's knowledge of lisp.