[CM] Let's hear from CM 1.x users(?)

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:43:53 -0600

>different ways (as once containers called 'thread' and 'merge'). The new
>container type 'seq' is similar to 'merge', something similar to
>'thread' is missing (is it?). I know I could mimic a thread by
>specifying offset times, but I prefer the abstraction of a thread.

i think i could add thread back in and its probably worth the while to do it.

>functions of the old API in CM 2. I did not check that carefully, but I
>did not found functions as add-object, object-position, print-object

no, these are still there:

subobjects
add-object
insert-object
append-abject
remove-object
list-subobjects

there is the additional advantage in the newer version that you can use all the lisp sequencing fucntions  directly on the slot value, that is, the subobjects are now just a regular lisp list of data. this wasnt the case in cm1