[CM] Problems with CLM on RH 7.3

11 Nov 2002 15:40:17 -0800

> Greetings,
>                 I've finally gotten the time to sit down and try to
> learn CLM, but have already gotten into some problems with the tutorial.
> I'm running Red Hat Linux 7.3 and cmucl with the Planet CCRMA
> cmucl-cm-clm-cmn package.   When trying to define an instrument, as in:
>
> (definstrument simp (start-time duration frequency amplitude)
>   (multiple-value-bind (beg end) (times->samples start-time duration)
>     (let ((s (make-oscil frequency)))
>       (run
>        (loop for i from beg below end do
>      (outa i (* amplitude (oscil s))))))))
>
> I get the following error:
>
> "DEFMACRO DEFINSTRUMENT"
>  (DEFINSTRUMENT SIMP
>                 (START-TIME DURATION FREQUENCY AMPLITUDE)
>                 (MULTIPLE-VALUE-BIND # # #))
>  NIL)
> Source: Error finding source:
> Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer
> exists:  /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/clm-2/defins.lisp.

Are you compiling the instrument? Just pasting the source into the lisp
listener will not work.

You have to:
a) save the instrument source in a file (for example "simp.ins")
b) compile the file with "(compile-file "simp.ins")"
c) load the compiled instrument with "(load "simp.cmucl")"
e) test it:
   (with-sound()(simp 0 1 440 0.1))

-- Fernando