[snd] cursor out of sync (was Re: [CM] snd and opengl)

Julien Quint Julien.Quint@imag.fr
Fri, 24 May 2002 13:51:18 +0200

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 10:04:47AM -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
> OTOH I built Snd with just OSS support. Of course it doesn't report any
> xruns, but the traveling cursor is out of sync with the playback. Any
> suggestions ??

I had the same problem for a while and finally found a solution somewhere
in the snd documentation. It seems to be caused by the default buffer sizes
that are too small. I am using the following:

	(set! (dac-size) 65536)
	(set-oss-buffers 2 12)

in my .snd init file and it works like a charm!

Julien

BTW -- Thanks Dave for your articles on the O'Reilly Network, that helped me
a lot in getting started with Snd. Thanks to Bill also, the doc is a little
demanding but very helpful.