[CM] Re: clm newbie needs big help!

Michael Klingbeil michael@klingbeil.com
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 19:51:47 -0400

Now that you mention it I remember encountering this problem as well.
No need to reinstall clsip. Just get the "dlcompat" package which is
available via Fink dselect. I think once that is installed everything
will work (famous last words!). Apparently this wasn't set up as a
dependency for clisp.

I found using clisp less than satisfying for work with CLM/CM on
MacOS X but your experience may differ. I got used to MCL and Rick
Taube's plotter, so moving to clisp was a bit unpleasant.

Someday some other LISPs should become available for MacOS X. I have
tried out OpenMCL but I haven't attempted to build either CLM or CM.
Right now OpenMCL claims to lack support for dynamic loading
unloading of libraries. Maybe dlcompat offers a solution to that
difficulty.