[CM] Common Music Tutorial?

Bill Sack wsack@acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:46:29 -0400

hi,
as Carl writes, learning some basic LISP is important. i'd also
recommend getting the html version of Steele's 'Common LISP the
Language, 2nd Edition' which can be downloaded from here:
<http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/doc/cltl/cltl_ht.tgz>
then, if you have it stored locally, it's very easy to zip over and find
out 'what's this function do?' and 'what's the syntax for that?'

my only other piece of advice is to run the examples in the
etc/examples/processes.cm file - then hack on them, play with them,
break them and make them do different things. it's a good way to learn.

all best,
bill